Tuesday, November 20, 2018

It's all about the food this week...........

I get to make the fun stuff for the Thanksgiving get together.  I started out yesteray with 3 batches of home made Chex Mix.

Next I mixed up the dough for Kringlas but it has to refrigerate for several hours so I'll bake those today.
Then it was on to pumpkin muffins.  The recipe says it would make 24 but the paper liners are so short that I got 27 out of the batch.  I remember when the paper liners were taller and when it said to fill 3/4 full it used up all of the batter.






7 comments:

patty a. said...

Looks so good! Land O lakes was on sale around here - two for $5.49 - so I bought eight pounds!

Karen H said...

Your food looks and sounds delicious! I will hold off on the Chex mix until Christmas time. My family loves that stuff, too!

Sylvia Anderson said...

Looks good Wanda...It's so true about a lot of products, where the manufacturers cut down on the size of the container to save money and hold the price down. One of the first products to go this route was the Ice cream cartons, going from half gallon to 1 1/2 quarts. Are you going to add a little cream cheese frosting to the luscious looking muffins?

Have a wonderful time with family on Turkey Day.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Today is grocery day here and then the food prep can begin, albeit for a group of three (with lots of delicious leftovers).

Sally Langston Warren said...

It IS all about food this week! I work in the produce department at our grocery store, and we are exhaustingly busy this week! Looks like you didn’t need to buy any produce, though! Yes, lots of things are shrinking. I noticed our bottles of orange juice are getting smaller but the prices aren’t changing.

JJM said...

I bet your family enjoys your treats more than the turkey. (*._.*)

JJM

Needled Mom said...

Yes, it is a busy food week. Enjoy the activities and the family. Happy Thanksgiving.