Yesterday I decided I was going to cut the sashing strips for my batik stars quilt. I started cutting the fabric at the top left and then decided I needed to figure out how many strips I needed. Ooops! I don't have enough of that fabric. I found the one on the right that is similar in value and color tone so now I need to figure out how I'm going to handle having 2 fabrics for the sashing strips. I was considering the beige batik across the bottom as the cornerstones. It is a little warmer toned than it looks like here. So....nothing got done on that quilt.
We had severe thunderstorm warnings for last night so I decided I should take some more garden photos in case there was damage. My camera was in the cool basement and when I took it outside into the "sauna" the lens kept fogging over. I wiped it off twice before I took this photo and it is still a little foggy. This is one of my elephant ear plants.
One of the storms rolled through around 8 p.m. and we got 1.05" of rain. The second storm came through around 9:45 and there was 1.3" when I emptied the gauge at 10:15. I'm afraid my tomatoes are going to have a hard time ripening with all of this rain.
The garden is so pretty I had to take another photo of it.
The Dianthus that I planted in early June is in its second blooming. I hope it will re-seed and fill in this area along with the Hosta and Columbines.