When I got home from Thanksgiving dinner I cut the binding for the pink 16 patch quilt but I didn't want to work on it. I decided to cut some more big flower prints and move the squares all over to the double design wall. There will be 2 rows of small squares around it so I have a lot of cutting to do. If I finished it at this many blocks plus the 2 borders it would finish at 60" x 82.5". I could add one more row across and it would be 67.5" x 82.5". I have the option of replacing some of the big squares to get a better balance of light/medium/dark too. I don't want to rush it and the art quilters are coming Monday so I have major clean up to do. There is something on every table in the basement.
I am a list maker and I love pens and paper. At the beginning of the year I list all of the quilt tops that are finished and divide them into 3 groups, small-up to 66" on the longest side, medium-67" to 79" on the longest side and large, 80" or longer on the longest side. The list shown here is the small size and it is my largest group at 18 (9 medium and 15 large). I mark when I finish a piece in red and when I sell a piece in green. I thought I had 40 to finish but there were a couple new tops that weren't on the list so I have 42 to finish or sell. I added over 20 tops to the lists during the year and also finished some of them. Since Jan. 1 I have finished 17 and sold 6 that were on the list. I think I started the year with 49 tops and now have 42 so that is progress. Now I need to count the in progress pieces.