I started sewing the Rattlesnake quilt together with the crazy pieced blocks randomly placed. I was pretty sure that was my favorite until I saw the 2 photos on the computer screen and then wasn't sure. I'm glad so many of you agreed with me that it was the best layout. I want to come up with a new name for it though. I wasn't in the mood to work on the border so instead I decided to finish the block on the right. I found these in the box of paper piecing patterns and books. The 3 on the left have been done for years. The one on the right had 2 sections sewn and all of the pieces cut and ready to sew. My A and B piles got mixed up after lunch and I pieced the wrong fabrics on one of each so to save the block I had to make the last 2 pieces wrong too and change the design. It still needs corner triangles which are put on after the A and B triangles are sewn together. I had a dark fabric cut to use but I think I need the corners to stay lighter if I'm just going to use these 4 blocks together. The patterns are from Carol Doak's state blocks book. If I decide to piece some more I'll wait for the corner fabric choice until I get more done.