I am anxious to get this one off the design wall and sewn together. I finished sewing all of the rectangles, trimmed them and cut into triangles. Then I rearranged some of the triangles on the design wall and started sewing them. One of my students alerted me to a seam allowance problem because the angle is so steep.
The seam allowance is closer to 1/2" at the tops of the triangles when sewn together.
At the sides where they join to make diamonds, the seam allowance is less than 1/4" unless that seam is sewn at 1/2".
We pressed all seams open to reduce bulk. I used 1/4" seams to sew the diagonal seam and to sew 2 rectangles together. Then I changed to 1/2" seam for the center seam on the diamond.
Here is one that has the center seam sewn at 1/2" flipped over so you can see right and wrong sides of it. Now it has a quarter in seam allowance at the sides.
I usually sew everything in rows but I think I am going to sew each diamond separately on this one and then sew them together in rows.
As a reminder, the inspiration quilt came from Kaffe Fassett's book "Simple Shapes, Spectacular Quilts". None of his books give very detailed instructions but if you have been quilting awhile you can figure out most of it.