The sun was shining yesterday morning so I got my dusting done in the living/dining room. I only like to do it when it is bright in there. Then I went down to the basement and removed the batik Winding Ways from the design wall. I started sewing the rows together. Nobody told me that making the blocks was the only fun part of this. I took out the seam between the first 2 blocks twice and finally got the points to match. It got a little easier as I worked on it and I have 3 rows sewn together so far. I did take out a few more places where the points weren't meeting to my satisfaction.
Then I sewed 16 more of the hand dyed blocks and put them up on a design wall to see how they look. There is a lot more variety yet to sew. I don't know if they will all go in the same quilt or be 2 smaller ones.
The centers on some of the blocks are off by about a 16th of an inch and I haven't decided whether to take them out and try again or just leave them. I'll have plenty of time to think about it because I have a lot more sewing to do on other projects.
Several times this week I sewed a few blocks for this quilt so I put them up on the double wall that I had taken the Winding Ways off of. Right now it would sew up at 56" x 72" so I may be done with it. I don't think it would look too bad with a narrow border and then a wider one if I decide it needs to be larger.