I only ended up trying one layout with the mix of blocks. I got sidetracked by my short attention span. I repacked a few boxes of fabric because.............well, just because. One of my readers asked to see the blocks that I made for the Disappearing 9 patch. There were 4 different kinds.
and this was the result.
I have a lot of floral fabrics and one box was all pieces smaller than a quarter yard, so I cut a bunch of them into strips and made 9 patches. Here it is in all of its ugliness.
Here it is cut in half both ways
and here is the layout of 4 blocks that were all alike. It's not too bad now, not beautiful, but not bad.
I always like to have samples in several types of fabrics for the class.