I knew it would take a while to press 81 blocks plus iron a few other things piled on the ironing table, so I started a load of laundry and spent a couple hours in the basement. I have the blocks sorted into 2 piles since there are 2 alike of each combination except the one at the bottom. I will be designing half of the quilt with one pile when I get around to it.
I got this quilt back from my longarm quilter so I trimmed it and then cut the binding strips, the same fabric as the border.
Last night I prepared the binding and got it sewn onto the quilt. I'm going to hand finish this one because this William Morris fabric quilt is special.
It was a beautiful day yesterday with lower humidity by afternoon. Today sounds even better with a few degrees cooler and dew points in the high 50s, low 60s. That's a big change from the 71-76 dew points last week.



4 comments:
Love that Morris fabric, Wanda--nice that your weather has taken a turn for the better. We are still in the humid scene here...and another rainy day , Not a whole lot going on --just some quiet, restful days--which is nice... hugs, Julierose
How lovely it will be to hand stitch the beautiful WM fabric. Do you stand or sit to iron? I ask because standing for two hours is a long time on cement basement floors.
You had quite a work out yesterday, and its always a treat to see your progress with photo’s. Your fabrics always live up to your trade mark “Exuberant Color”.
I've got that red Morris fabric and love it. Probably have others too but the red stands out. 81 blocks is a lot press - it does take some time doesn't it.
Post a Comment