Yesterday I made the decision to make the traditional 16 patch blocks with my stratas. I pressed all of the stratas and cut enough pieces to make 20 blocks, 2 each of the ones in this photo. I'm happy with the way it is looking so far. Today I'll cut 20 more and lay out some of these blocks on the fabrics I showed yesterday for possible alternate blocks.
Today is supposed to be the best day of the week for low humidity. I hope the prediction is right because I would like windows open.

9 comments:
Oh these are looking great, Wanda:))) Nice start.
We are still in the humid zone evidently--our windows are all fogged up this morning, but with the sun being out hoping we'll start to dry out a bit...hugs, Julierose
Good looking blocks! I especially like the blue one in the upper right corner. It adds a bit of sparkle to the more neutral fabrics.
Sometimes making a bigger decision is the hardest step in the process. This sixteen patch is going to be wonderful.
I really love the colors in this sixteen block quilt. Opening the windows sounds so nice. We are still under the heat dome. It is over 100 everyday.
As I was looking at your blocks, I wondered what a half drop of these would do……similar to the half drop of the other sixteen patch or complete chaos. Adding blues and greens will give a different look than the Snails Trail quilt…..it will be fun to watch it take shape.
Yummy!
Oh, a very wonderful group of rich deep colors all in contrasting blocks.
the blocks are looking great. I hope you got your low humidity day!
That's going to be another beautiful autumnal quilt! I hope you got some relieve in the weather.
Post a Comment