Sunday, August 30, 2026

A little more.................


All of the 8" strips were cut for the top sashing on 40 blocks, and sewn on but not pressed yet.

I spent a couple hours in the kitchen prepping a some meals for the next few days.  If I had stuck with the sewing I could have had this top done but I'll be happy I don't have to prepare any meals for a few days.



Last night i put a few blocks on the design wall to check how it is going to look.  Picture it in your mind with a medium to dark floral print for binding which will cap the edges.  The blocks will have a floating effect.  5 blocks across would be 39" so I could use one width of fabric for backing.  I could stop at 25 blocks for a small square baby quilt.  I could make it 7 blocks down for 54".  That would be a nice baby quilt size or lap quilt or wheelchair quilt.  I would have 5 blocks left over or I could add one more row down for 61.5" and that would use all of the blocks.  40" x 60" was the size I used to make for baby quilts, thinking of them as play surfaces on the floor.

9 comments:

Julierose said...

This will be so lovely, Wanda;))) lots of options for finalizing it...
Great that you'll have meals all prepped--I always find it a challenge to come up with our daily bigger meal on the day itself...
59 this morning--that cool front finally reached us here...
Hugs, Julierose

Elaine Adair said...

What a clever use of that stripey border -- and it's perfect!

Kathy said...

Use up all the blocks because this is a gorgeous quilt! Glad you went without cornerstones because the single sashing fabric perfectly sets off the blocks. Looks great!!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

a floating affect will be nice. It is looking good. I should do some meal prep - I rarely do that and then around four in the afternoon I start thinking what do I make today because I really don't fell like making anything.

Mindy said...

You are brilliant!!! This quilt couldn't be more stunning!!!

Cherie Moore said...

My vote is to use the all the blocks…..the floating setting is perfect!

helenreimers said...

The more you work on this quilt the better l like it

Anonymous said...

Really cool! I imagine it for a teen or adult.
Laura

Nann said...

I've enjoyed seeing this one come together. The sashing fabric is great (and you had enough to cut them so they go in the same direction!).