All that is left to do on this quilt top is a final pressing and staystitching around the edges. I decided to go with the 5 x 8 layout and use all 40 blocks.
This quilt started when I rediscovered 2 trays of 1.5" squares that I previously used for colorwash blocks. I made the decision to make 9 patches with them and it snowballed from there into Economy blocks with sashing for this new quilt top.


10 comments:
What a lovely quilt. You managed to make each block stand out and not fade into its neighbor. That takes so much planning and skill. The florals against the sashing-just brilliant.
Such a lovely quilt, Wanda--you have such a good "eye" ;)))
Cool this morning when I headed out really early to the clinicto get my yrly bloodwork done...68 now and hazy sun--still pretty humid--
really hoping for some nice Fall deck-sitting days to come...hopefully!!
Hugs, Julierose
I love the “just finished” photo of your quilt. We can see a peek of your sewing machine on the right side of your quilt…. And the casual laying of the quilt tells a great story. It really is another awesome creation.
Wow! You got that top sewn together quick!
Oh Wanda, it is beautiful! In the picture the yellow block looks like August sunshine ☀️.
I really love how this has turned out! All the fabrics work so well together, and it is also very unique!
What a happy quilt this is with the wonderful variety of fabrics. As usual, it's an amazing quilt and so quickly made! Applause!!
Hugs!
I especially like the way you kept each of the b/w fabrics oriented in the same direction throughout the quilt. Not always an easy thing to do.
the quilt turned out good!!
Your quilts are so intricate and so colorful I absolutely love them each and every one. ♥️
Post a Comment