Wednesday, May 5, 2021

Still just playing..........


I get ideas for future projects while I am sewing so I continue to play with these pieces as I zero in on the next quilt.  I have a magic box full of leftover pieces of Kaffe collective fabrics from previous projects.  I remembered there were some 3.5" squares in there that would match up with the triangle blocks.  I pulled the ones that had 5 matching squares and started making some Ohio Stars.



I made several blocks, some better than others and they will probably all go into the Kaffe orphan block box.  I will do lots of cutting today so I'm not sure how much sewing will happen.




 

9 comments:

Julierose said...

It is such fun fun to play "what if" with fabrics...enjoy
hugs, Julierose

patty a. said...

Pretty blocks! It is nice to take a break and just sew.

JJM said...

Enjoyed seeing your playing progress, yesterday and today... I know you're going to roll out some wonderous cut pieces today.

JJM

Linda Swanekamp said...

Just lovely and sparkly.

Anonymous said...

Your "just playing" keeps making me happy! Thanks :)

Kelly

Vicki W said...

I like this idea of mixing the QST blocks with the squares. Love the look of it.

Needled Mom said...

I’d love to play with those Kaffe scraps too.

O'Quilts said...

surely wish you lived around the corner!!

Mystic Quilter said...

A favourite block of mine here, I'm a real fan of stars but especially Ohio Star, love your colours!