Monday, May 17, 2021

Another busy day..............


I spent most of the day digging and planting so I didn't get any new pieces cut.  Instead I made some more 9 patches with mismatched pieces.  Sometimes I had 4 alike and sometimes 5 but most of the time it was a mixed group.




Here is another batch of blocks.  I made 16 new blocks altogether while watching 3 hours of TV.








I added all of the new blocks to the 20 that were on the design wall.  They are 6" blocks.












I baked a rhubarb cake Saturday night.  It made a great breakfast yesterday.






In the gardening department I dug up 2 Sedums, a Dianthus and a Stella D'Oro Day Lily in a garden that is going to be redone. I shared the Sedums and some Hardy Geranium with a friend who brought me some fresh rhubarb.  Later I planted the Dianthus and Day Lily and 4 of my tomato plants.  We have a little rain predicted now so I'm not sure which day I'll get the rest of my tomatoes planted in another area.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

As always, you've been busy! The 9 patches are so pretty together!- and I'll take a piece of the rhubarb cake, please :)
Kathy

Tammy Hutchinson said...

Like many, the garden is calling me away from sewing much. Rhubarb cake sounds wonderful and I'll be watching to see what you do with all of the tiny pieces you are playing with. You've made the mismatched nines blend so well that I had to really check to believe are mismatched!

patty a. said...

The mixed blocks are my favorites! They just add a bit more interest. Those blocks would make a pretty baby quilt. I like the soft colors. Sounds like you did a lot of digging this weekend. When are they coming to redo your front bed?

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I do miss rhubarb it just doesn't grow well in my area (I gave up after 3 tries) your garden area looks like just the right size for a growing a few plants for one. I will continue to try to grow my space but hope to get more raised beds made this fall - it will be easier for sure then trying to dig in this hard soil we have.

Julierose said...

Pretty soft colored 9-patches, Wanda ;))
We awoke to our air handler making ominous noises--awaiting repairman ugh!!
More $$$'s right? Hugs, Julierose

Needled Mom said...

Those blocks look so pretty together. Desserts for breakfast are the best!

sue s said...

Those 9 patches are so soft looking! I love sedums for their fall color. I'd love to do tomatoes but we have too many wild critters and a yard that isn't sunny enough, so I just support our local farmers' market!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Love those soft values in the blocks. They look so comfortable all together. Pretty dry here, could use a little rain. Weeding is like cracking concrete.

JJM said...

I'm enjoying your pastel blocks, a lovely airy look to this piece. Rhubarb cake for breakfast is just a perfect way to start your day. It looked delicious. And your tomatoes look like they're in a perfect spot, it's a great looking bed too, good job well done.

JJM


MissPat said...

Such a lovely soft pastel quilt in progress. I've lost my source for rhubarb and have no luck growing it. I miss it.
Pat