Sunday, May 2, 2021

Sorting scraps..............

I decided to sort the Kaffe collective scraps that were in 2 medium size boxes.  I did teeny tiny, small, large enough to cut a shape with a die, and strips.  My large scraps are in a third box.  This photo is part of the strips.  Some are skinny strips, some wider.



 I made quarter log cabin blocks for 3  quilts between 2010 and 2013 with skinny strips, some regular quilting cotton prints and some Kaffe fabrics.  The one on the left is still waiting to be quilted.  Do I want to make another of these?  NO!  I need to come up with a better idea.


I decided I needed to dig a couple Hostas and split them yesterday.  I can really feel it in my rarely used muscles.  I need to dig several times a week and I'll be back in shape.


My purple Lamium is starting to bloom but I don't see any of the white yet.  This bed needs to be totally dug out to get rid of the blue bellflowers that are coming up in it.





There are so many Bellflowers in this section that I can barely see the Lamium leaves.

3 comments:

Roxanne said...

There is always something trying to take over flower beds!
I'm sure your scraps will soon be something beautiful--can't wait to see :)

Quiltdivajulie said...

Funny that you showed those three skinny string quilts. I have contemplated making that design with my ETC strips but keep telling myself NO - I need to l listen to YOUR advice, too. I think I'll make placemats out of mine.

Mystic Quilter said...

I also have a quarter log cabin quilt and have heaps of strings and strips left in the bin, like yourself and Julie I don't want to make another one so I'm going to be interested in your ideas for using up the strips. So nice to see your flower photos, we still have a few flowers blooming in the garden but they're fading fast!