Friday, May 27, 2016

While I was cutting........

While I had the plaids out and pressed to cut triangles I decided to cut 7" Drunkard's Path pieces too.  These are loose pieces on the design wall.  I won't sew any of them until I have a better selection cut.  Then I'm sending the leftovers and scraps of the plaids to a friend.  You might remember my other plaid quilt top made in 2014.  I will keep a few pieces in case I want to add the plaids to another quilt.
I need my basting tables cleaned off so I finished cutting preemie gowns and put away all of the leftover flannel.  Now I can baste a quilt to quilt on the straight stitch machine with the new lights (see yesterday's post).

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Never would have thought of plaids and stripes and checks for a drunken path, but your piece works beautifully. I have always wanted to do drunken path (and wedding ring) quilt but was intimidated by curved pieces. Any suggestions? When you get time (ha ha), you REALLY need to write a book. Most informative blog I read.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Lovely combination on the drunkard's path blocks (this from a non plaid person). Love the drunkards path blocks. Did you cut the blocks with a die? Supposedly delivery tomorrow of Accuquilt order.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

what can I say but WOW - I love those plaids and looking forward to seeing more of it. The colors just pop. I have never worked with plaids and they look terrific

patty a. said...

Your plaid drunkard's path blocks remind me of the flannel drunkards path quilt I made last year. Love those plaids!

Hedy said...

Your Drunken Path blocks remind me of your 'moon' quilt in your living room. It's very striking.

Louise said...

Oh, I really like those geometric shapes together: plaid, stripe, circle. How do you cut your drunkard's path pieces? Do you have a specific ruler you use, or make your own templates?

Thanks,
Louise

em's scrapbag said...

Love the plaid drunkard's path!