My two friends came over to sew yesterday and I worked on the colorwash. The photo on the left is with all 22 rows sewn together. The center photo has the 2 side borders that I worked on most of the day. The third photo shows the 2 borders right next to the center section, ready to sew on.
I knew I wanted a darker edge on the left but I wasn't willing to cut more of the 1.5" x 3" rectangles (2" x 3.5" cut size). Instead I went to my two boxes of 2" batik strips and pulled contenders out for audition. I used strips of any length that was appropriate for color and value matching.
I had considered a strip across the top and bottom but decided that the binding will make the final finish just as well.
One of my 2 friends has a rhubarb patch so the last 2 times she has made a strawberry rhubarb pie and baked it at my house. We bake it while sewing in the morning, then go to lunch and come back for warm pie and ice cream for dessert. Yum!!!
In the early evening I went out to check the back garden. The Lily of the Valley is blooming as well as the violets growing with nice long stems.
I had to pick my little bouquet.
The Brunnera with tiny blue flowers has migrated over to another section and is right next to another variety of Cranesbill. It is getting ready to bloom too.
I dug up one of my huge hostas and pulled off 6 babies and replanted the mama plant in the spot where I dug it up. I finished potting the 6 babies by moonlight so I'll show them tomorrow.