I had my Laurel Burch 1/4 yard pieces all pressed and ready to take to the twice monthly sew-in at 10:30 a.m. My car wouldn't start. I called my mechanic and he listened over the phone to the sound it was making and said it probably was the battery so call my road assistance company. It took 2 hours for someone to get here to jump the battery and start the car and then I took it to the mechanic to have the battery checked. It turned out that the alternator was bad and was draining the battery. Since it was a fairly new alternator it was under warranty and didn't cost me anything for the repair. Did I mention 2 1/2 hours sitting and waiting for them to charge my battery? Luckily I had grabbed a good book on the way out the door. I got home at almost 5 p.m.
I did the cutting for 2 kids' quilts last night and paired the fabrics for sewing. They are more Stack and Slash quilts (see label list on right side bar) since I will be doing a workshop soon and need some quilts in progress to show the steps. This is how I pair the fabrics.
In my tutorial from November 2011 I linked to Lynne's tutorial that she calls Slashed Squares. I have changed the title of mine to Stack and Slash because I do the slicing of the squares as a group of 4 and then shuffle the pieces to sew 4 blocks at a time for speed in a workshop (see my tutorial). Click on the link above to see Lynne's new Slashed Squares project. In this post she explains how she chooses her fabrics.