I took the pile of squares from yesterday's post down to the basement to choose insert colors. The blue squares are hidden under the pile.
At first I though maybe lime greens and several shades of purple might work. Then I decided that was going to change the flavor of the quilt too much.
I decided that I will start with shades of blues and turquoises, cutting from scraps and yardage. I will add some green inserts too as I start working on it. Then I'll decide if I want to add another color.
I saw two of the Monarch caterpillars on two different milkweed plants today. I don't know if they are the same two from last week or two more. Whichever it is I'm excited to see them there munching away on the milkweed leaves.