When I finish quilting a piece with a polyester thread I like to let it relax a few days before I trim it and put on the binding. This one ended up waiting a few weeks while I decided what to use for binding. I have very little of any of the fabrics in the top left over and I couldn't find any other piece that looked right. I finally decided to try the same fabric as the inner border which I had barely enough of. I had to cut the strips in half and insert a small piece of another green that matches quite well to make the color sequence follow the inner border. I like it. I have one side hand finished so maybe I can finish the other 3 sides and the hanging sleeve today.
It is almost impossible to get a true color photo of the cacti. They are near an east window and too much daylight washes out the colors and not enough makes a dark photo. I'll try it with a flash next time. If I move them to a better location for a photo I take a chance of the buds and flowers falling off. The 2 tone flowers are quite pretty.