I sewed the top together last night. It reminds me of iron gates and manhole covers for some reason. This quilt top is practice for another quilt I want to make. I have made a lot of modular quilts in the past, most before the days of digital photos. Quite a few of them were blue jean quilts and I taught a class about using modular units.
I have shown this one before, made in 2002. I was in a workshop where we were to work on 2 at a time. Unfortunately I didn't get a good photo of the other one before I sold it. This is a variation of the modules using mostly strips.
I shot several photos of this butterfly and this is the best of them. It just kept moving around too much. What I didn't see until I got the photo onto the computer was the bee in flight just to the left of the flower.