I had this great idea. I pulled out this leaf print and one the Brandon Mably prints and did a little bordered square, 3 times.
My first idea was to turn under 1/4" on all sides and applique it to strip piecing that had already been quilted. That should be easy, right? Well 2 tries later I still have a wonky applique, so I have to call this one my humble piece. I thought I could do it.......
It was such a pretty piece of strip piecing too. I probably won't sell this one.
On the next one I pieced the square into the notebook cover.
That worked better.
This stripe is one of the Brandon Mably fabrics too. I haven't used the third bordered square yet.
Then I used a wonky log cabin square that was a leftover and added some batik fabrics to it for the back and inside flaps.
I like this one. Of course I like any of my crazy pieced and wonky log cabin squares made of batik fabrics. I love piecing with crooked strips.
I had one more strip pieced Kaffe fabric section that I made into my final journal cover last night. I did the wavy line quilting again on this one with red thread.
This was a simpler one to make but I like it just as well as the others. So it was a good sewing day, a humbling day that not everything turns out as anticipated.