Saturday, August 25, 2018

Sewing machine turned on..............

I finally made it to the sewing machine yesterday.  I am making the third section of the Kaffe Trip Around the World.  There will be 9 strips in this section and I stopped after sewing on strip #7 last night.

I have to do some unpicking on 10 more strips to prepare to sew the 2 strip sections together into one long strip.  Two will go onto this section and the last section will have only 8 strips.

It was really cool yesterday, barely 70 and light rain.  Unfortunately we only got two tenths of an inch by 7 p.m.  Now the heat wave is coming in for the weekend and into next week.  Hopefully we will get a little more rain.

7 comments:

Vicki W said...

It must feel great to be sewing again!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Great start again on such gorgeous fabric! You must be getting eager to get it all together.

Machelle said...

Such beautiful colors! Happy to see you sewing again!

Hedy said...

Well, it poured buckets here yesterday and some the day before too. The temps are down, which is nice. Not usually this cool in August.

Needled Mom said...

I think all the rain fell in Hawaii! Glad to see the sewing happening again.

JJM said...

I had to scroll back to see the TAW you've been working on. I had forgotten how beautiful it is already, and know it will be another show stopper.

We woke up to 38 degrees this a.m. (*._,*). Autumn is here, no more 90 degree days I'm sure. Rain ? What's that ? Living in the 'high desert' we are use to an irrigation system to keep our lawns, shrubbery and gardens watered. It would be nice for a good ole 'gulley washer' though.

JJM

Connie said...

It's nice that you found time to sew. I have been missing that. Between company, gardening and canning, I just haven't had time to get out to the barn. As soon as the garden is done and put to rest, I have plenty of time for sewing in the barn. Boy, we could use a good rain around here, maybe it would clear the smoke away :)
Looking forward to seeing your quilt . . . love your choice of colors and patterns. I have been thinking about using my zinnia bed as inspiration for a quilt, I love all the happy colors.
Keep Smiling!
Connie :)