Friday, August 17, 2018

Exclusively Kaffe....

I made a Colorwash of exclusively Kaffe Fassett fabrics many of which are early and out of print.  It is not the Kaffe Collective which includes fabric by Brandon Mably and Philip Jacobs.  It is exclusively Kaffe.  This wallhanging is made from the kit of 2.5" squares that will be offered to students of Colorwash 360.
I used one of the larger prints on the back and I thought the black Fern print was perfect for the binding.


Are you interested in making a Colorwash wallhanging too? 

If you haven't heard, I have an Online Course launching on October 1, 2018 called 'COLORWASH 360'. You'll learn gradation from light to dark (value) as well as gradation from one color another...And, how to select fabrics that work best. 

'COLORWASH 360' opens for pre-sale on September 1. 

Subscribers will receive 24 hours early access to sign up for the course and purchase the limited edition kits of pre-cut squares or larger blocks to cut multiple squares yourself. 

Both Batik and Kaffe Fassett Fabric kits will be available in limited quantities to students of COLORWASH 360 only.

If you aren't an Exuberant Color subscriber for the mailing list....click here to subscribe.



15 comments:

patty a. said...

That is 210 squares of glorious color!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Sounds absolutely exciting!

Hedy said...

Such a pretty colorwash, I can see it hanging above my bed.

Lynda said...

I am so ready for this class. I would send money today if you would allow that. I love the sample today.
Lynda

Needled Mom said...

As I have said before, I'd love to shop for fabrics in your stash. That is lovely.

GO STARS! said...

Colorwash quilts have always fascinated me. I hope to be able to join your class.

Quiltdivajulie said...

STUNNING!! You can add my name to those who are planning to pre-register on September first (insert very happy smiling face)

Unknown said...

This is great that you will be doing your color class online....!!!! Are the fabrics in the Kaffe kit the exact same ones as in your sample? Will you be selling your sample once the class is done?

Tami Von Zalez said...

I have a colorwash quilt in the queue but I am going to try and do a self portrait wall hanging. It is the germ of an idea and who knows where it will take me.

clairice said...

This is my absolute favorite of all your colorwash quilts! I am so exited that you are offering a online course.

Marnie Haines said...

So looking forward to signing up for your October class on September 1st and hopefully getting a material kit, too. This quilt is absolutely glorious, Wanda. Thanks for sharing your expertise on line. Marnie

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Yes, Loretta, those are the fabrics from the kit although not every cut from a fabric will have the same motifs in it so each kit is a tiny bit different because of that.

Mary W said...

This is my opinion of the perfect looking quilt. Fun to snuggle under and find all the interesting shapes and items in amazing colors. The only thing that could make it better is if it were larger. Are there instructions available for doubling the size if 2 kits are purchased?

Unknown said...

I love your colorwash quilts and this quilt is beautiful.
Do you ever mix batik fabrics with print fabrics like Kaffe? If so, how? If not, why?
I am so looking forward to your class. Thank you for sharing.

Mary Ann said...

Oh boy I might have to sign up for your online class.....survivor972002@midco.net