Thursday, August 16, 2018

A colorwash finish for August.......


I finished the binding on this batik colorwash wallhanging yesterday.  It is for my daughter and she wasn't sure which edge she wanted at the top.  This is the first choice.

The back is a striped batik.  I put a hanging sleeve on both the top and bottom.

Now it is flipped 180 degrees with the rod in the other hanging sleeve.

The stripes on the back are in many colors.  This end has more red in it.  Which way do you like, the top photo 1 or the third photo 2?

Are you interested in making a Colorwash wallhanging too? 

If you haven't heard, I have an Online Course launching on October 1, 2018 called 'COLORWASH 360'. You'll learn gradation from light to dark (value) as well as gradation from one color another...And, how to select fabrics that work best. 

'COLORWASH 360' opens for pre-sale on September 1. 

Subscribers will receive 24 hours early access to sign up for the course and purchase the limited edition kits of pre-cut squares or larger blocks to cut multiple squares yourself. 

Both Batik and Kaffe Fassett Fabric kits will be available in limited quantities to students of COLORWASH 360 only.

If you aren't an Exuberant Color subscriber for the mailing list....click here to subscribe.


19 comments:

CRSelf said...

Very nice. I prefer the blue and purples at the top. Reminds me of a sunrise or sunset.
Connie

Sharon W. said...

Option #1, definitely!!

Hedy said...

I like the red at top, but it’s nice to have another option. Beautiful quilt.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Yippee! Can't wait for the class! I like the red at the top.

Mary said...

Oh...so pretty!

patty a. said...

It is nice to have the option to change the orientation. I like number 3. That fabric on the back of what you showed is gorgeous!

stitchinpenny said...

I like the blue at the top. looking at the comments of others it won't be a runaway and the new owner has the choice since you made that possible with the dual hanging sleeves.

Marnie Haines said...

Wow! With the two sleeves one can hang it depending on mood or season. Today I will opt for #3, but in cooler weather I might change it to #1. Stunning color wash. Kudos to you, Wanda.

Quiltdivajulie said...

I like the first photo with the red in the upper left and the blue in the lower right - reminds me of a lake under a hot summer's evening sunset (like the lake where I grew up). Exciting about your online class.

Julierose said...

I like the first photo alignment better; it's a really lovely piece...
nice work hugs, Julierose

Needled Mom said...

She will be able to hang it either way depending on her mood for the day. That looks wonderful.

Barbara said...

I prefer option one.

JJM said...

I vote for number one ! (*._.*). And I love the backing and will sign up for your tutorial.

JJM

Nancy J said...

Option #2, is my choice, and what a super backing.

Alice said...

I can’t decide. They both appeal to me. Like having a option of either way. I am signing up for your course and glad that you gave so
Much notice. Looking forward to it.

Julie H said...

Beautiful!

Charlotta said...

My preference is #1

mpv61 said...

I like the 2nd option with the blues and purples at the top. It's nice that there are two options, though, so she can change it back and forth if she wishes.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

You can't go wrong with either direction - I like them both!