Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Changes made................

I thought this colorwash was ready to sew but something about it kept bothering me.  It was too light on the top edge and looked unfinished on the bottom.


I pulled out the box of trays of batik squares.







I selected trays of squares that I thought I would need to start working on the top edge.






This is the beginning of the 2 rows added to the top.









The top looks lots better now so I started on the bottom edge to add 2 rows.









This is where I stopped last night at 11:30 p.m.  I can see a couple pieces I want to change but I'm a lot happier with it.  I thought it was going to be rectangular but it ended up square.



10 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

Thanks for showing the bin and all the trays. I have a ways to go organizing my squares and the photo helped. Beautiful rows over the light areas.

patty a. said...

Yes I can see the change and it is looking good! I has to be so nice to have a pallet of so many colors already pre-cut!

Anonymous said...






yep that change did it.good eye.vera.

Mary said...

Your changes did enhance it. I love watching your colorwash quilts come together.

Hedy Hahn said...

So pretty Wanda, just love how you tweaked it and it is just perfect.

Sylvia Anderson said...

Looks beautiful, as always Wanda. Thank God this election is over!!!
I get so tired of all the political calls.

Summer said...

Nice and pretty ♥

Nancy J said...

Lovely with those extra rows, your eyes always know the way to finish them so well.

Jaye said...

You made really good color choices

Charlotta said...

Definitely much improved!