Saturday, May 28, 2016

More cutting.............

I planted my Elephant Ear bulbs and a couple more Canna bulbs.  Carrying the 40 lb. bags of potting soil should be toning my muscles.

I sold a couple things on my Wandaful blogshop so I got them ready to mail and then went to the basement to do some cutting.  I started with triangles to go in the Kaffe/plaid/stripe quilt.
Then using my acrylic templates I cut some more of the Drunkard's Path pieces.  I thought I wanted the stripes on the diagonal but I cut some on the straight grain and think that is my choice instead.  Luckily I had only cut 2 fabrics on the diagonal.  I have a whole pile of fabric waiting to be pressed and cut for this quilt.

4 comments:

Libby in TN said...

An occasional diagonal stripe might add a little interest. Your plaids are so square, are you deliberately cutting them on the grain?

Hedy said...

I love how you are making these blocks, that pink fabric really stands out. I have many bulbs to plant too, if it would just stop raining.

donaleen said...

I bought one of your Wandaful quilts and I am delighted. I would like it if you would promote your quilt shop more when you have things. I almost missed this one. But I am glad I didn't!

donaleen

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

I wouldn't have thought of using those fabrics in the drunkard's path blocks either. That is why I so enjoy reading your blog! You're an inspiration to me.