Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Design wall time............

I decided to empty another box in the basement last night.  In it were two groups of Strips that Sizzle blocks.  I put these up on the design wall, 2 pink edges, 2 green edges but it was too predictable.








I turned some blocks a half turn and came up with this.  There were 74  blocks in this color range and this layout uses 70 of them and will make a quilt about 40 x 56".  I think I made the blocks in 2009 so they are ripe enough to use.  There are 84 blocks of the other color combination in the box.




 
There was only one TV show to watch last night so I started sewing the colorwash quilt.

I mowed the grass late afternoon yesterday while it was still cool.  I'm happy for all of the rain lately and today I hope to do some digging.

9 comments:

Sewing Junkie said...

Isn't it amazing what we have in boxes. The second layout looks better to me. Be careful digging. Chris

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

so neat having all the blocks already made! I need to get my grass cut today too but the dew was so heavy I will need to wait until the sun dries it out some and as I have so much shade that might not be until afternoon

Linda Swanekamp said...

I have to laugh, "ripe enough", sort of like cheese or a wine cellar! Too funny! The second layout is so much better- there is movement and interest. Looks like a Christmas quilt.
The colorwash looks very interesting.

Needled Mom said...

The second layout adds a lot more movement within the quilt. Have fun with the yard work.

patty a. said...

the colors remind me of watermelons.

Mary said...

Oh, these are so bright and cheerful!

O'Quilts said...

very nice

Debbie said...

I think I have some strips that sizzle blocks from the olden days laying around here someplace. May have to search for them. I love your layout.

Charlotta said...

Of course, the second layout is much better! It sizzles!