Sunday, May 1, 2016

April recap............

I had three finishes in April, a Marcia Derse fabric Stack and Slash, a trip around the world tablecloth, and a wonky block baby quilt.
 I completed four quilt tops.  I'm calling the hexagon star finished but I still may explore border ideas for it in the future.  I could have sewn the colorwash rectangle wallhanging together but I decided not to rush it.  It is more fun to take my time and enjoy the process.
It was time to face the clean up around my die cutter yesterday.  I sort the scraps into similar sizes for future cutting of smaller pieces.

6 comments:

Mary said...

All your quilts are lovely, and the hexagon star in the one that calls to me the loudest!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

all of the quilts are so pretty you do get a lot accomplished.

Lola Carr said...

Wanda, your 2nd multitude of triangles quilt is my fav for the finishes. Love the hexagon star though (you know those are my colors!)...anxious to see how you'll finish that one up. I agree with you about those small triangles and the lighter aspect. They "shimmer" amongst the larger ones. Looks like another day best spent indoors! :(

Linda Swanekamp said...

The various kinds of quilts, the color combinations, the designs- are all eyecandy. I did some clean up yesterday. I need to cut more scraps soon. I have been using them if they are cut.

Mystic Quilter said...

I always look forward to your monthly finish posts, it's neat to see them all together, all beauties!

Charlotta said...

You had a very strong month! The three finishes are all beautiful, but even more so: the four tops you finishes were all very complicated and involved projects, each one of which took a long time and a lot of work. So though they haven't yet been quilted, they've all come through the vast, vast most difficult and most time consuming part of production.