Tuesday, May 31, 2016

All 80 blocks sewn..............

This is 48 of the 80 plaid and stripe Drunkard's Path blocks.  This is the most predictable layout and one that I wouldn't usually choose but with the large variety of fabrics that I have used, it might be the best one.  The other 32 blocks are duplicates of what is here on the design wall.  I was too tired last night to try any other layouts.  This is not a final layout by any means, just plopped up on the wall in the order they were in the pile after pressing.

I ended up using the 5 stripe pieces that are cut on the diagonal.  

11 comments:

Sharon Tucker said...

it looks wonderful so far...sometimes a predictable layout is best with all the movement in the print of the fabric.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Now that they are all sewn, you can take the time to move them around if you want. Or not. I like the diagonal ones you left in.

Quiltdivajulie said...

The diagonal stripes add an unexpected pop - i like it! The colors in the blocks are so rich ...

patty a. said...

Those are some happy blocks! I like the addition of the diagonal stripes. It was nothing but hot and humid here this weekend. No rain. We could use some rain. The grass was so wet in the morning with the dew points being the same as the temperature. In other words, I didn't get any weeding done so that I could plant my canna or coneflower seeds.

Hedy said...

Really pretty so far, but I know you will fling your magic wand at those blocks and they will scatter into something else fantastic. I am a mere mortal so to me these blocks look great. Do your magic Wanda....

Needled Mom said...

Wow....you really got a lot of sewing in this weekend. Beautiful.

Love Of Quilts said...

Very very nice. I like a patchwork quilt best.

O'Quilts said...

Very nice

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

I love plaid quilts, and this one is looking great! Really love the way you have popped in a few 'lights' too!

Kort og Søm said...

This is so nice :)

Susan said...

Love it!