Sunday, October 18, 2020

Relaxing........


Another busy day yesterday,  I mailed some packages to my students and then watched my sister-in-law's graveside service on Zoom (her son was buried just last weekend, neither death was Covid related), and then the painting continued outside and storm windows were put on.  They worked all the way to 6 p.m. and have just about another half day of work to do.  They discovered a possible place where the mice came in last year and they will be back to fix that.  I have never had as many mice in my house as I had last year.

Last night was relaxation time.  I brought up trays of squares and continued working on the colorwash I started as a backdrop behind me when I do my live broadcasts.  I have a long way to go on this one.  I can see an area I want to move now that  I see it in a photo.

9 comments:

Julierose said...

Love seeing the different stages of your colorwash pieces...
good that you are relaxing...I am still in "rest mode" though, am feeling better this morning...hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I'm sure you will enjoy the storm windows to keep drafts out and hope they find where the mice are coming in - it is not fun to have to keep disposing of dead mice from traps or whatever you are using. As we did not have pets at the time we dealt with mice some years ago I put out poison behind different areas and it took care of them and never found a dead mouse in the house so they must have crawled off to wherever they came from outside.
Sorry you lost two relatives so close together.

Quiltdivajulie said...

So sorry about your SIL and her son - graveside or other family events via Zoom seems like something none of us would have ever dreamed about doing until this year. So glad you have your colors for relaxation (although some of us would not necessarily find working on a color wash layout relaxing - grin).

LG said...

I'm so sorry for your losses.

BatikFanatic said...

I'll be interested in seeing which section of this color wash you end up shifting, because to me it looks just fine as is. There is one area which "might" be a candidate... and I have to stretch to get to that "might"... well, I guess I'll see what happens!
I'm so sorry for your family's losses. In a year when we all just ache to come together, it's particularly hard knowing we'll never see some people again.

Anonymous said...

Sorry for you family losses.

Mystic Quilter said...

So sorry to read about the loss of your two family members Wanda. Pleased you were able to find time for relaxation. The colorwash is looking gorgeous!

MissPat said...

My condolences on the loss of your SIL and her son. The loss of a younger generation family member makes it even sadder. I expanded your photo so I could study your color placements as I finish tweaking my colorwash and I chuckled when I spied a square with a day lily blossom that I'm desperately trying to keep in my piece. It's so interesting to see the enormous variety that shows up in each person's layout.
Pat

patty a. said...

So sorry for the loss of your SIL and her son. To have to zoom a funeral has to be hard; no human touch has to make it hard for closure.

That is great that they found where the mice might have been getting in. They are tricky little boogers!