Thursday, October 29, 2020

12" colorwash sewn...........

 

Before and after tweaking but before sewing.  The lighting wasn't as good in the one on the right but I think you can see I changed pieces to get a smoother value transition.


Here they are in comparison to the 40" colorwash, left photo before tweaking and sewing, right photo after tweaking and sewing 12" colorwash.  I'll get a close up photo to post tomorrow.



It's blooming season now for the cactus.  Lots of buds and 2 blooms fully opened on this one and buds ready to pop on the pink and white ones.

6 comments:

patty a. said...

Beautiful colorwash pieces and buds! Now that the weather has turned to yuck it will be nice to have the color from all the buds you will be getting. There is 80 to 100% chance of rain here all day so I don't think I will be able to walk at lunchtime. If it was snowing I would walk, but I don't want to sit in wet clothes all afternoon.

Sue Vermeland said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Julierose said...

Beautiful color wash finishes...your cacti look like you will get a wonderful blooming season this year...
hugs, from rainy CT julierose

MissPat said...

So nice to see your cacti starting to bloom. I have mostly mature plants that I think are getting tired. I know the can live a long time, but I think I should start some new cuttings and replace the worn out ones.
Pat

The Joyful Quilter said...

Wow!! A 12" version? LOVE it!!!

Mystic Quilter said...

All your colourwash quilts are stunning and good size for the wall but I must say I love your tiny ones and they look beautiful framed. Was so surprised in the live session to see that you have such tiny ones.