Sunday, October 23, 2016

Big flowers..........

This is one of the fabrics I recognized in the Seed Packet quilt I showed yesterday.  It is an Alexander Henry fabric from about 15-20 years ago.  The big squares are cut 8" in the book.  My ruler is 8.5" so I may change to that.
This fabric is a possibility too.  I think they were mostly red and pink in the book.  I probably will add in orange.





There are smaller blocks around the perimeter of the quilt so these may work there.  I haven't opened my 2 boxes of floral fabrics yet so I'm sure I'll find a few more.   Most of my floral prints are small to medium size flowers so I'll find more for the smaller blocks.

11 comments:

Michele said...

It does look like a fun quilt to make. I love the big bloom fabrics. And it is always a treat to look through my fabrics and select prints for a quilt-- I get a sort of thrill-- ooh, I remember that one- and it is almost like meeting an old friend to pull favorite fabrics for a new quilt.

Hedy said...

I'm really looking forward to seeing this quilt made by you. Do you think Kaffe used his 15-20 year old stash too?

Maryse said...

I love the Seed Packet quilt as well; that's the first quilt my eyes caught from that book. I already had a few large flower scale prints, but I had to order much more. I look forward to seeing yours!!

Gene Black said...

I do like the fabrics and the quilt. That is a great way to used big prints without chopping up the designs.

Needled Mom said...

This is going to be fun!

Alice said...

Eye candy for sure.

Paige said...

Loving that second print!

Verna G said...

I continue to marvel at your stash!

patty a. said...

The Seed Packet quilt is going to be stunning! For you to have that many large florals in your stash to make this quilt is amazing.

Charlotta said...

This will be gorgeous. I made several flower quilts about ten years ago, but used flowers of many different colors. I'm not sure I kept any flower fabrics when I was done, though. I was pretty much through wi flowers after making the quilts! No, I'm sure I have a few scraps, but not more than that. It will be so much better in all reds, pinks, and oranges. I'm surprised to hear that Kaffe used fabrics other than his own, I didn't think he ever did that. But there are some amazing new flower fabrics around, also some really great ones with huge flowers by Stephanie Brandenburg, Laura Gunn, and Anna Marie Horner, among others. Can't wait to see what you'll be using.

Mystic Quilter said...

Very luscious looking fabrics - especially your first one.