Saturday, December 26, 2015

Playing again...........

When my friend came to visit on Tuesday she wanted to see my flying geese pieces.  I went down to the basement last night to press some seams and there were the geese spread out all over the ironing table.  Well, that gave me permission to play on the design wall.


This photo simplifies what you see above; just 4 blocks with flying geese sashing.  I'm not going to sew it but I had fun seeing what I could come up with.  Now the geese are tucked back in their box and I can press the seams today.

I had one nice new bloom on a Christmas cactus.

14 comments:

Hedy said...

The quilt on top is striking, but I guess you have other plans for your geese. One of my cactus did not bloom at all, I think it was the red one. The other one had three blooms same color as yours. Hope you had a good Christmas Wanda.

Judy H said...

I love the look of the quilt top! It's yummy.

Rosemary Allen said...

Is there a pattern for the flying geese (top block) that you posted today?

Rosemary Allen
rallen_pa@yahoo.com

hetty said...

Love your goose play! That cactus looks amazing!

Nicole said...

I love the look of that block! Think about sewing it together as the start of a medallion quilt. It's really great. Have a great day!

Browndirtcottage said...

Oh My Goodness Wanda...Oh My Goodness! I LOVE this! Isn't it fun to play, especially when good things become of it!!

Browndirtcottage said...

P.S. Always love to see your Christmas Cactus blooming. My orchids are just about to bloom also!

Cathi said...

I love the look of the top one! Amazing what your geese could turn into!

Mary said...

Thank you for showing the simplified version. I was disappointed that you decided not to sew it right now. It is lovely.

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

I really like your play piece! I would have sewn it together.;-)

Charlotta said...

Beautiful!

The Noodler said...

Gorgeous!

June D said...

Great post! What fun to see your ideas.'

Leslie said...

I love the quilt as you have it displayed, but I know that any arrangement you settle on will be just deliciously gorgeous. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and I wish you the best of health and continued quilt-making in the New Year. Thank you for your blog! :-)