Tuesday, December 1, 2015

November recap..........

I didn't get any quilts totally finished in November.  I had one finished top, this 33" colorwash.










I did finish 29 mug rugs.  The tops on all but 6 were made in previous years.  That means I cut 29 strips of binding and used at least 3/4 of every strip.  That equals the binding on about 2.5 queen size quilts, but with a 'few' more corners.........
This is October and November dishcloths.  I did more reading, less knitting. 

If I counted right I have quilted 98 quilts on my longarm since I got it in November 2008.  I'm hoping to reach the 100 mark before the end of this year.  I think I have probably quilted at least that many on my regular sewing machines in that time period too.

7 comments:

Chris said...

Wow! And not only is this a lot of quilts, but they are so beautiful , too! Just wondering, do you keep track of all the books you've read? My mom did, she had little notebooks full! You are an inspiration!

Karen H said...

The colorwash quilt top is beautiful, and the mug rugs are very pretty. Great job! :)

patty a. said...

29 mug rugs equals 116 corners! That is a lot of corners! It is amazing how many quilts a person can make over the years and you have made a lot of beautiful quilts! I crunched some numbers the other day and I have made 124 since 2010. Since having a blog I have kept better records of what I get done and looking back brings such wonderful memories of the people that the quilts were given to.

MontyBear said...

LOVE your blog. Gave me an idea of what to do with a project I started using jelly roll - one of those "make a quilt in 30 minutes" projects. No way was I spending time quilting something that I felt I had no creative input. I am going to cut mug rugs from the piece and practice my machine quilting on these smaller projects. Once again thanks for my absolute favorite blog!!!

Lesley Gilbert said...

Another query about your dishcloths - you said they are made of cotton yarn but I was wondering if they are for your own use or for gifts/charity?
Well done on all your finishes/almost finishes :)

Na Na said...

Sorry to ask an off topic question but your email links won't work with my computer. I know you sell your quilts and other crafts online but would you mind telling where you sell them?

Lisa C said...

Wow! When you think about it, that's a lot of corners in your mug rugs! Can't wait to see the finished red and purple 16 patch. Simple design but oh so pretty.