Thursday, December 24, 2015

Back in the kitchen.......

As I was getting to put away my cookie press I saw the recipe for gingerbread cookies.  I know I made it one other year but couldn't remember if I liked them or not.  I decided to make a batch.  I have the super size tube and discs so I made some big gingerbread men.  That is big in comparison to the regular size Spritz cookies.  They are good so I'll have to make them again sometime.


I ate the last bowl of chili from the freezer on Tues. night so I made a big batch again.  Now I'll have 5 bowls full in the freezer again.




I mixed the Kringla dough in the morning and then baked them last night.  I gave the recipe for them back in 2011.  If you missed it here it is again.

7 comments:

Maria said...

Lots of delicious baking there..
Have a wonderful Christmas Day..

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

it is nice to just reach into the freezer for a bowl of chili! looks like you have your baking done and it looks good! Have a Merry Christmas

Elizabeth V Kelbaugh said...

Thanks for All you share and inspire.
Wishing you and family a Merry Christmas.

Gene Black said...

I have never made gingerbread. I found chocolate covered gingerbread hearts with apricot filling at Aldi's (store.) They are a product of Germany and taste just like some a German friend shared with me. (Her mother sent a "care package.")

I often make a crockpot of stew and freeze what I won't eat in two days. it is great to have it in the freezer ready to grab for a quick meal.

patty a. said...

Your house must smell incredible! I don't know what kringla is. Have a wonderful holiday season!

Alice said...

Chili looks so good. I'm doing shortbread cookies today and a pumpkin cake. I'm eager for the smells of baking. Thank you
For your blog. It's inspiring. Merry Christmas.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Here's to the joy of making ... Christmas hugs to you!!