The blue batik 16 patch is finally finished. I made a series of six 16 patch quilts between May and September in 2013. This is the first one I made and the last one to be quilted. It ended up 70" x 93" after quilting.
I originally thought I would put a darker blue backing on this quilt but as I looked through my backing fabrics this one just asked to be used.
All of the fabrics that appear pink have some blue in them and were included so the quilt wouldn't be "too blue". I have a problem with staying on a theme and want to include SO many fabrics. There are 108 blocks, each with 2 fabrics. Most combinations were used twice so there are at least 100 different fabrics in the quilt.
Now for the indoor garden. Both orange cacti are blooming.
The white with pale pink has one bloom and a few more buds.
The red one has been blooming for about a month and I think this might be the last bloom.