Friday, February 13, 2015

Fun.......

I'm going to do a zig zag with this strata.  I know it would be pretty as a Trip Around the World too, but I already have a Kaffe TAW.  This is just one strata so far.  I sewed another one last night but didn't press it yet.















It was the twice monthly sew-in yesterday so I finished sewing the cross seams in the last 2 sections of this flannel quilt top and got it all sewn together.  It ended up 56" x 74".








Here is a closeup of some of the variety of flannel pieces.  I had a little stack of squares left over so I will cut more from the rest of my flannel scraps and make another one.

10 comments:

Sewing Junkie said...

Flannel is yummy for a cuddle quilt. I have enough flannel to make two for the little girls. Looks like you had fun. Chris

Beth@IHaveANotion.com said...

Oh the strata.... as it is just glows!!!! I'll be waiting to see it completed....

Sylvia Anderson said...

Good morning Wanda...I really like the zig zag look with the fabric you've chosen and think it will look very pretty. This particular layout would make some nice wall hangings, using the right fabric colors. Your color choices just pop and are so beautiful. How much of each fabric is needed to make the quilt you are working on? Stay warm today, it's going to be cold.

Gene Black said...

I LOVE the zigzag.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love what you are doing like usual - you never fail to please the eye!

Hedy said...

I love both quilts but that zigzag is fantastic. You never fail to surprise me with your quilts !

patty a. said...

The zig zag is very cool!

Needled Mom said...

The zig zag looks wonderful. Those colors are so dramatic.

Charlotta said...

Love the zig zag! Of course you should do something different! And the cuddle flannel is great. Looks like old fabrics! I made a flannel scrap quilt, I think some of the fabrics were old PJs, for a brother-in-law who is a long distance truck driver. He keeps it in his truck, where there's room for him to sleep, watch TV, and even cook a bit, when he is laid over at a truck stop. I thought it had a nice rugged and masculine, yet home away from home feel to it that was just right for him.

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Oooh, that is going to be one gorgeous zig zag! I like the flannel, too. There is just something so comforting about flannel, isn't there?