Monday, October 14, 2013

Ready to bloom.......

This is the same cactus that had one pale pink bloom while it was still outside.  Now there are 20 more buds, some ready to open, some really tiny.  I also have buds starting on the 2 tone pink and white one and on the all white one.  These are the same 3 that bloomed early last year.  I have one more that is pink and white and it doesn't have any buds yet.  I should have fairly constant blooming from now until Feb. with all of the different varieties.  The red ones don't usually bloom until at least late November but I thought I saw a bud on one of them too.

Today is church sewing circle and we will be starting on felt Christmas stockings.  The Sunday School kids were going to pack the 38 school tote bags that we made.

8 comments:

Beth@IHaveANotion.com said...

Watching your Cactus bloom, makes me want another one. I thought I could pick one up.... cheaply last year... but nope... didn't see any I would pay full price for. I'll have to look closer this year... assuming we get a budget and we see a paycheck soon!!!

Sheila said...

Wow! Your Cactus is showing off this year :D

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love your Christmas Cactus but I keep forgetting to buy one! I really need to do that one day.

Mystic Quilter said...

Wanda I do look forward to seeing the progression of your Christmas cactus collection from bud to flower - I haven't grown any for ages but seeing yours makes me think perhaps I should.

Brown Family said...

You have such good luck with the cacti!

Unknown said...

Just beautiful! What a green thumb yo have.

Julierose said...

Pretty cacti--mine just has a bit of a tip of a bud on a few stalks...I have them in one big low pot..three colors so from now on, there'll be some part of it blooming...hugs, Julierose

Gari in AL said...

I can't believe you have blooms already. I guess it is time to bring mine back in the house: it is still putting out new leaves. I am just amazed that it is still alive....a first for me.