Friday, October 18, 2013

Fractured 2 progress..........

I haven't abandoned this project.  I have been auditioning fabrics for the last 8 blocks.  I have decided it will be an off center layout so I will fill in the 3 spots on the right and then make 5 blocks for the bottom row.  Click on the Fractured Quilt Along on the right sidebar and see what everyone else is doing.
I wanted to finish some mug rugs to get them off my sewing cabinet so I have room for the new project.  2 of these have quilting done with my embroidery machine in the center and then I did free motion meandering in the background.
I quilted and bound these three mug rugs last night.











The first bud opened yesterday on the pale pink cactus.  In a couple days there should be about 5 open.






When I bought these plants they had multiple blooms on the end of each branch.  This year I am seeing that again.  There are lots of buds on this plant and some are very small.  I put it in my kitchen where it will get lots of light now that it is blooming.  Usually the last batch of buds dry up and fall off and I had previously left them in the room that is dark for more hours.  Now I will find out if they just needed more light for all of them to bloom.

12 comments:

Sewing Junkie said...

The cactus is sure doing well. They are fussy sometimes. The rugs are really neat. Good way to use up odds and ends. Chris

Gene Black said...

I love the idea of doing some of the quilting on a mug rug with the embroidery machine. I will have to give that a try.

Mary said...

The embroidered centers are a nice touch and, as always, the colors are fabulous.

Needled Mom said...

It will be fun to see if those little buds will bloom this year. The flowers look so pretty.

The mug rugs are beautiful.

Quiltdivajulie said...

You have the most gorgeous flowering cacti of anyone I know!

I plan to cut strips this weekend for my Fractured quilt . . . I LOVE the one you've shown here!!

Anonymous said...

And perhaps a tad bit of flower food if you are not feeding the soil from time to time.

suemac said...

That quilt makes one a little dizzy. Nice colors on the mug rugs.

Sheila said...

Fractured Quilt is coming along nicely. Love your mug rugs : )

Mystic Quilter said...

I think your off centre layout is fantastic

Kevin the Quilter said...

I love the fact you are placing your "Fractured" quilt off center. That is going to be so cool!

Purple Pam said...

I like the overall green theme on your 16 patch quilt. As usual, your fabric choices are wonderful.

Brown Family said...

I like to quilt in the hoop on small projects.