Friday, January 18, 2013

Lost my momentum......

I have lost the momentum from earlier in the week for my finishing.  I got this one trimmed yesterday and have it hanging from pants hangers to see how straight it will hang.  There is a little wobble at the bottom edge but I haven't steam pressed it from the back yet.  I thought if it didn't hang well it would have to have straight of grain facings.  It may still be the best way to go.
Meanwhile I switched to cleaning up the basement for Monday.  I had a pile of batiks waiting for some cuts.  First I do clean up cuts.  Then I cut off a strip wide enough for my 2.5" square die and a 2.5" strip and a 1.5" strip.  Then I folded the remainder and put them away.  One more table cleaned off.
On one of the sewing machine tables I had some triangles and another block for the flannel quilt waiting to be sewn so I sewed them.  I vacuumed part of the basement and then gave up for the night.

8 comments:

Annie said...

Looks good!

patty a. said...

You may have not gotten as much done as you would have like, but you did get a few small jobs done and that's is better than nothing! Don't be so hard on yourself!

cajunquilter said...

looks great. Small jobs add up don't they?

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

Some days it is more important to clear off a table or two than to sew!

Donna~~ said...

You with lost momentum = Me on a good day! And those slow days are the days where the brain is working on what great new thing to do next--just a little down time to process the possibilities!

JJM said...

Like 'Donna' said, "YOU with lost momentum = Me on a good day". I could not have said it better, I so agree.

Seems no matter what you post each, it gives us inspiration each day.

The softness of your flannel fabric triangles shows in the photo. And sure looks exciting.

JJM

Julie S said...

WOW! The quilt moves! It really does. I was wary about your plan to keep the edges wavy, but it has created this wonderful optical illusion--the quilt is waving in the wind while not moving at all.

Eat Sleep Quilt said...

If you lost momemtum, it gives the rest of us a chance to catch up! I like the quilt, even if it has a slight wobble, I think that goes very well with the wonkiness of the quilt itselt. Very pretty!