Saturday, July 21, 2012

It was a busy day.......

I made a couple trips to the post office with colorwash kits yesterday, put away the pile of fabric from the kits I had already cut and pulled batiks to cut.  I packed a box with scraps and fabrics I no longer needed to send to a couple of elementary school art teachers that I met in NC in June.  Finally last night I was ready to cut some more triangles for the zig zag quilt.  I started pressing them and when I yawned about the 5th time I decided it was bedtime.

7 comments:

HollyM said...

It must have been satisfying to send off those kits and then be able to get on to your new quilt. I'm ready to start cutting for another quilt too although I'll be doing it in between my art work.

Gene Black said...

I am glad to hear the kits are selling since your original question was met with all wanting the batiks. You know I am waiting for the batik kits also. But no rush, I know it takes a while and you have other things to do. I have plenty to keep me busy for quite a while.

sewyouquilt2 said...

you have the greatest ideas. just love seeing what you are working on next.
the gray polka dots with the brights are to die for!

Anonymous said...

Your fabrics always makes me jealous of your finds. With only Joanne fabrics in our area now, you will understand why I am looking forward to working with your color wash kits.

I also love your Zig ~ Zag with the polka dots. The combination of the prints against the dots are so striking.

J~MT

Sharon said...

I did the same thing last night, tired and rotary cutter does not make for a happy partnership. Love your zig zag, great background for all the brights.

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Sounds busy. And what a pretty pile of fabric waiting in the wings there!

K-Rock said...

I just got the box of wonderful fabric scraps. It felt like Christmas! My 3 year old daughter even wished me "Happy Birthday, Mama!" as I happily looked through all the goodies in the box :) You are my hero, Wanda! Thank you, thanks you!
Kristen