I finished sewing these blocks together. I had cut them out over a month ago. I showed this as one of the ways to use the rectangle squares at my scrap class. It is a tessellating design. The dark shapes are 4 pieces of the same fabric, and the light ones are 4 different fabrics and are formed when 4 blocks come together. I didn't get this sewn together as a top yet. It will finish at 32.5" x 48.5".
I chose the fabric for the setting triangles and got this top sewn together. It measures 36.5" x 43.5". Both of these quilts are made from the same block, with the zig zag being scrappy instead of a controlled group of fabrics.
This is what the setting triangle fabric looks like as it is rolled off the bolt.
In the garden the tiger lily buds are just starting to turn orange. They will be blooming earlier this year than they did last year.