Saturday, October 29, 2016

Added rows.......

I added 4 columns on the right edge.  I really wanted more purple in there.







Then I decided the right side was a lot darker than the left side so I added one more column on the left.





I thought the proportion was a little off now so I removed one column on the right.  So it ended up with one column added on the left and three added on the right.  I may substitute some darker blues in the bottom right corner from the column I removed.
 
Here is the photo from yesterday so you can see the difference.  Tweaking comes next but I have a busy couple days coming up.  My cousin and wife are in the area and stopping by to see me midday and we'll go out for lunch.  Then I have to finish putting away things in the basement and bake cookies to prepare for the art quilters who are coming Monday.

5 comments:

Debbie said...

All your moves seem just perfect to me. Great comparison and insight into how you work the design. Thanks

Paige said...

Enjoying your progress (tweaking) photos. I see a lot of movement where the yellow transitions to green and the orange to red. It looks like its swirling.

Mary said...

Thank you for sharing your process with us. This is so pretty!

Hedy Hahn said...

Very interesting how you do this. They all look good to me !

Tammy Hutchinson said...

Thank you for sharing these step by step photos. This is like class with Wanda! I like the way the edge has become darker to frame the design.