Thursday, April 28, 2016

Triangles 1 and 2..........

In March I drew two triangle quilts on graph paper while I watched TV.  I wanted one more orderly and one a little wilder in design.  Above is Triangles # 1 with its drawing.  I ended up turning it a quarter turn to the right and left off the last row of triangles around the perimeter.
 This is the wild one...Triangles #2.  When I draw out a quilt it usually looks interesting on paper but when I make it with fabric, it sometimes loses its appeal.  In this case I think both of them turned out rather nice. 

I didn't sew a stitch yesterday.  I did laundry and looked through quilts and quilt tops to offer for sale.  I have had several inquiries lately about new items for sale.  For the new readers, I have a link on my right side bar for my blogshop, Wandaful Quilts.  I haven't listed anything new for quite awhile.  I will start listing today with small finished pieces.  I should have the first batch on there by noon Central Standard Time.  Hopefully I will get some quilt tops listed by the end of the day.  I have to do a lot of measuring and checking to see if I need a new photo or if my previously posted one is good. 

8 comments:

Elizabeth V Kelbaugh said...

Love both of your new triangle quilt tops.

Libby in TN said...

Both versions are such happy quilts. I've been trimming a gallon ice cream bucket full of bonus triangle squares and something like this might be the answer to how I can use them. Thanks for the inspiration!

Linda Swanekamp said...

I love how the wild triangle quilt has little surprises of small triangles encased in other areas. Makes the whole quilt so much fun!

Alice said...

Love the triangles. They are wild and calm at the same time.

Quilting Babcia said...

Always amazing to me how the simplest shapes can evolve into such complex and wonderful designs. I love them both!

Livin' Blue Quilter said...

Both triangle quilts are beautiful. I am working on one with different shades of ocean blues and greens.

Tarja said...

These both tops looks so good. You really got the talent to work with multiply colours and get a calm quilt as a result. And your way watching TV sounds much more fun :)

Mystic Quilter said...

They have both turned out beautifully!