Friday, June 1, 2018

May 2018 monthly recap

I had three finishes for May, the first one is 30" square and the other two are 22" x 28".
I completed two quilt tops, the large one is 56" x 72" and the small one is 24" square.  I had 40 of the 64 strips needed for the 16 patch cut for 3 1/2 years, cut while I was making another quilt with the same fabrics.  I just quilted that one in December last year.  When I get this one quilted I'll have to show them side by side.
I have finally started cutting some pieces for my next Kaffe quilt.







I showed this awhile back that I had chosen some fabrics, not all of the same ones as in the book but similar.  This is in the Kaffe Fassett Quilts in Sweden book.

5 comments:

Hedy said...

Very nice finishes, you had a very productive month. Add in all the gardening and baking.....

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I'm also making this quilt larger than the one in the book--forgot to mention that in the blog.

JJM said...

What a "Wandaful" color wash month ! ! ! Especially the one with the bunnies... And I had forgotten about your 16 patch. I need your monthly recap. You really accomplished a lot this past month.

OHhhh ~ such beautiful fabrics for your next Kaffe quilt !

JJM

Quiltdivajulie said...

Your sunlight n the forest piece is going to be fabulous - so rich and full of saturated color. I'm going to click the box below that said follow up comments to my email to see what happens. I don't remember seeing that before - I don't mind if they ask us to opt in for replies but I'm not sure I love having my actual email displayed for spammers to gather. I wonder if this is part of the new solution to missing comments?

Linda Swanekamp said...

Beautiful finishes, great beginnings. I am looking at the Kaffe pattern, Abundance (free) and wondering if I have enough fabric to try it or if it is worth using that fabric for it. https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0618/3677/files/Abundance_Pattern.pdf