Sunday, May 13, 2018

Happy Mother's Day...................

Finally I spent a little time at the sewing machine.  This is strata ready to be pressed and sliced to make 16 patches.  I didn't get any of the other fabrics cut that I showed yesterday.



My son, daughter-in-law and granddaughter came over yesterday and gave me the best Mother's Day present - their time.  My son changed light bulbs and hung the new mini blinds in my studio.  The old folded shades were 32 years old and the strings had broken in 2 of them in the last 6 months.
The old folded shades were light gray but the new blinds are white and make the room so much brighter.  These are the cordless blinds that you just push up or pull down with your hands.  It feels like a new room now.

My daughter-in-law and granddaughter worked on cleaning and organizing the garage.  It would have taken me a week or 2 to do all that they did.  I dug up some plants for my granddaughter and while out there I admired this new hosta that my sister-in-law shared with me last year.
Today is the last day of my mini-pop-up shop.  It closes at midnight EST today.  Thank you to all who have purchased items from me!

15 comments:

stitchinpenny said...

You have done well and the little bit of spoiling on Mother's Day weekend show they appreciate and remember the things you have done in the past and continue to do even now. What a wonderful tribute to all od you.

Lesley Gilbert said...

We had Mothers Day a few weeks ago and nothing is more precious than time spent with who you love. Those new blinds look great - never heard of the 'push & pull' before. I also need some new ones so will check out that style. Glad you had a lovely day and enjoyed all your 'presents' :)

Gene Black said...

I love the new blinds. A friend has those - they work like magic.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I think sometimes that that is the best gift - their time! Happy Mother's Day to you.

Unknown said...

What a great story—Happy Mother’s Day to you!!

Alice said...

The blinds look great. Like the fact that there are no cords. Your old blinds lasted a very long time. Of course the best part is your
Son installing them. Cleaning up a garage is wonderful. Definite signs of love. Happy Mother’s Day.

JJM said...

Such a great post today Wanda ! You had lots going on yesterday and even stitched serval strata pieces. . . I must say your old blinds holds the record for a long life. And I can see why you love your new ones, they are awesome. . . Your hosta is way ahead of mine. . . OMG I love your happy Mother's Day flowers, using your color wash or petals. How did you do that ?

You have a great loving family gifting you with their time . Happy Mother's Day to you also.

JJM

JJM said...

Just read after posting Several was spelled wrong. (*._,*)

diane said...

What a great gift. Time is always great gift to give. As I get older that's all I want.

Now I can look for those kind of blinds if and when I need some. We put in new ones downstairs but upstairs are all old original ones and they are so heavy. When my arthritic hands are acting up it's hard to pull them up so maybe it's time for them to go.

Your hosts is so pretty and bright! Enjoy the day.

Nancy J said...

Time, with love and willing hands is the best. Lovely new blinds, push up, that is a new kind for me? And Happy Mother's Day to you too.

Quiltdivajulie said...

The gift of time and willing hands to help with work that needs doing is THE BEST! Happy Mother's Day to you.

Quiltgal said...

Sounds like a pretty awesome Mothers Day Gift.

Sylvia Anderson said...

I'm so happy you had such a great Mother's day, and that was the best gift ever. I think we may have to do that in the near future with a couple of our grandsons giving us a hand with the gardening and some chores around the house that require the use of a tall ladder. Twenty two years ago when we moved into our house with the tall ceilings, it was ok, but at 86 and 82, not so much any more.

Mystic Quilter said...

Good to read you had such a good Mother's Day - and wow what a gift, the time from family to carry out the chores for you, and spend time with you.

Nancy A: rangerer@sbcglobalnet said...

What wonderful Mother's Day gifts -- their time. You were richly blessed.