Sunday, April 1, 2018

March 2018 recap............

I completed two quilt tops, this one 58" x 82" in March.  It is from a pattern by Springleaf Studios shown on this post.  It took me awhile to get started on it and then I needed to work fast to get it off the wall before company came to use the design walls.










This top is about 42" square and includes blocks from several years ago as well as ones made this year.



Other than that I spent over 2 weeks pulling fabrics from my stash, cutting, sorting and packaging fabric for my pop-up shop (which closes midnight EST today), worked on a colorwash made with Kaffe Fassett fabric (not shown yet), cut all of the flannel scraps from church into squares and made little preemie quilts (1 all finished, 6 tops done, 9 to sew).  

I also did some organizing but have much more to do in the basement studio.  I really didn't want to finish any of the tops that I am taking to my guild trunk show in mid-April (more about this later) because I can take more quilts to show if they are a combination of finished quilts and quilt tops.  I hope to have a finishing frenzy the last week of April and in May.
 I have a white cactus bloom for Easter.  There is a bud on a red one too.  This is near the end of the blooming season for all of them.


Happy Easter!!!

7 comments:

Hedy said...

You work very hard on your quilts and we all appreciate your labor. Have a lovely restful Easter today.

Quiltdivajulie said...

And Happy Easter to you, too!

MontyBear said...

Happy Easter. You bring springtime each and every day with your postings of such exuberant color.

Linda E in NM said...

Happy Easter to you too!
I do so enjoy seeing all your blooming cactuses for months.

Nann said...

And a blessed Easter to you, Wanda.
I really like the Springleaf quilt!
I hope your March pop-up shop went well.

JJM said...

Nice March recap today Wanda, you accomplish more in a month than anyone I know. Love the tailored precision of your basket weave quilt. And fun swirling blocks of the other. How you got the quilts done plus ALL that you offered on your Pop Up Shop is amazing to me.

Easter wishes ~ JJM

Mary said...

As always, you managed to have a very productive month in several arenas. I wish I could be at that trunk show. Happy Easter!