Thursday, January 4, 2018

Switching to neutral............

I did a lot of die cutting on a project and some laundry yesterday and didn't have anything to sew last night.  I went to my 5 drawer chest of 2.5" batik strips and pulled out  bunch of fairly neutral strips.  I'm going to make a 16 patch quilt with them.
Here is the next batch to sew.  This quilt will go great in a room with gray or beige as the theme.  It will just be a couch throw.  I get all kinds of ideas for other projects while I am sewing a no brainer project.

9 comments:

Deb said...

Love the colors.....different & calm. No matter what colors you work with you are the "color master". Thanks for sharing.

Debie

patty a. said...

Those are beautiful neutrals! So many different patterns! It is going to be a beautiful quilt.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Oh, isn't THAT the truth ! More ideas arriving while chain piecing ...

Needled Mom said...

I always love a neutral quilt.

JJM said...

The flare of these neutrals are beautiful. It is going to be a favorite I can tell.

JJM

Sally Langston Warren said...

Ok, I am starting a 16 patch quilt too (using your instructions). Let’s see if I can keep up with you!!
By the way, I used your European pillowcase tutorial to make pillowcases for Christmas (Phillip Jacobs pansy fabric). I used one long piece of fabric for each. Turned out beautifully! I look forward to using those instructions again! Thank you!

Gypsy Quilter said...

It's not easy combining neutrals and creating texture simultaneously, but you do it very well.

BatikFanatic said...

There's a lot of life in those neutrals! Years ago we had a "challenge" to use a color palette quite out of our typical leanings... I used neutrals, thinking "oh, this is going to be BORING". Definitely not... while the quilt was subtle, it was also beautiful, reminding me of the desert as dusk approaches. Enjoy this change of pace!

Connie said...

You can call it a no brainer project, but i'm going to call it beautiful :)