Friday, January 12, 2018

Now there are 41 fabrics............

I cut 10 more fabrics into the brick shape and added one more brick to the width of the rows.  Now it should end up at about 66" x 84".  I have enough bricks cut to add 2 more rows to the length which would make it 90" in length.  I have to decide now whether all of the squares to fill in the ends of every other row will all be the same fabric or be a variety.  I'm happy with the assortment of fabrics now that I added the last 10.  I think there is a better balance of values than there were in yesterday's photo.

8 comments:

PaisleyBird said...

Beautiful! It looks like you decided to cut into the fabric that was the possible backing for the neutral 16 patch; which means I'll enjoy trying to spot it in quilt tops :) I prefer a variety of fabrics rather than only one for the small end blocks.

Pieced Brain Quilt Designs said...

Oh... this is going to be so beautiful!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous quilts! But what do you do with all of them. You seem to make them so quickly! Wow!
Nice blog! I enjoy it!
Jackie NY

patty a. said...

I like the additional fabrics. Have a great weekend and stay warm!

Linda Swanekamp said...

It looks like pavers in a well weathered path. Very soothing.

Mindy said...

Good Morning! I am probably a minority of One, but I like the "openings" at the beginning/end of the rows -- it really makes it look "brick-like". Love how this quilt is coming together, though. I've been working with a lot of bright colors lately --- this makes me want to "change it up" with my next quilt. Thank you for the inspiration, yet again! ~Mindy

JJM said...

These fabrics are your exuberant neutrals for sure. I want to see this piece in person come spring. (*._.*).

JJM

Cindy P. said...

I really like your choice of fabrics for this brick pattern. I think a solid would carry the brick theme nicely on the sides. Are you doing any type of border?