Saturday, December 2, 2017

Working on two..............

I spent a half day free motion quilting on this quilt with black thread.  About 2/3 of the blocks have black in them and I was just following the printed design for the quilting.  Then I did the border which was basically meandering around and between the motifs in the fabric.  I still have beige, orange, green, and red left to quilt.
I sewed the triangle squares for a border for this quilt (which has been on the design wall in the main floor studio for almost a year) in January.  Last night I started sewing them together in groups of 10, 8, and 12 for two borders that need 38 and two borders that need 32.  Now I need to press them and then decide which group goes where and complete each border section.

4 comments:

Marnie Haines said...

Good morning, Wanda,
You are true inspiration! Your quilt thinking just flows from one creation to another. I have been of the school to complete a project before moving to the next, but look how many ideas one can miss by doing so.
Now I'm going to start working on a second quilt while my machine is in the shop. I hope you have the happiest of Decembers and a good report from your doctor. With thanks, Marnie Haines

Needled Mom said...

Your Drunkard's Path piece looks really nice. I like those fabrics.

That's a lot of HSTs coming together there.

JJM said...

Your African wildlife top quilted with black thread is fun to look at, you have such a wonderful stash of fabrics. Enjoyed seeing your color wash and star tops again (yesterday). You have always accomplished more than anyone I know. Plus way more than anyone I know that has had pacemaker surgery !

JJM

O'Quilts said...

I love the drunkards path...did you use a pattern or just make it up as you went..